Monday, September 21, 2009

She's what? She's five!

Five means wondering if it's possible to move into the Mitchell's Salon and Day Spa where you were treated to birthday pampering of a manicure and hair cut (although, this could also be 35).

Five means asking if I could tell her what Grandma Butterbean got her for her birthday, promising that she'd still act surprised.

Five means knowing that Sharpay is the most glamorous girl in the High School Musical movie cast and wanting to be just like her.

Five means having two boys on your school bus who want to marry you, and knowing which you'd pick.

Five means learning to read and write on your own.

Five means saying to your little brother, "I know I do some fancy moves, but you can't do them because you're too short."

Five means being loved even more than you were on the day you were born.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Happy birthday Alena!

Already two boys want to marry her? WOW. I'll take whichever one she doesn't want.

(He's strong enough to carry 20 pound jugs of cat litter up three flights of stairs, right?)

And if I had a dime for every time I've thought but not said, "I know I do some fancy moves, but you can't do them because you're too short," I'd be a very rich girl.