Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What $3 will get ya

Let's preface this with, yes, I am the mom who hates latex balloons. I maintain my stance, but curiosity got the better of me. And, when all the fun was had, we scoured the yard picking up the remnants.

The three dollar bag of water balloons at Target just jumped into my hands. I swear I didn't pick them up.

I also didn't spend 45 minutes filling and tying a quarter of them during naptime when I could have easily folded two loads of laundry, washed windows and unloaded the dishwasher. Only, I did.

Then, I waited to see what would happen.

And it was so worth it. A whole new take on fun, with four water balloon novices. There was even a moment of "what exactly am I supposed to do with this?"

Oh, but they figured it out. A little too quickly, asking if we could make more after the bucket was empty in a fraction of the time it took to fill it.

There will be a next time ... with about 150 left in my stash.

1 comment:

Lizz said...

I had to throw together a birthday party last summer for my middle one. I just got water balloons and squirt guns. They had SOOOO much fun. No ridiculous amount spent at Chuck E Cheese needed.