Friday, June 8, 2007

Singing 'bout the man in black

After a week that's included preparations for a baptism and pursuing party, turning 33 years young, two puking kids and more loads of laundry than I can even count, there's something that can still put a smile on my face and make me laugh ...

Alivia and Alena cruising in the backseat of the Suburban, buckled in their carseats, and singing about gassin' "up the Pontiac" and "blastin' out to Johnny Cash." I was convinced they were heading for the highway and never coming back. These are the coolest toddlers on the planet.

The lyrics being sung in their little voices put the smile on my face, but looking in the rearview mirror to see the heads bobbing and hands gesturing made me laugh. It's the their latest favorite from country music's top hits.

While Carrie Underwood and Before He Cheats will always be near and dear to Alena's heart, there's something about Jason Aldean's latest hit Johnny Cash that gets them both singing along. I think it's the "whoa, whoa," that makes it popular with this under-three duo.

If you're looking for other iPod downloads that are Alena and Alivia approved, check out Bucky Covington's A Different World (I think the "Bucky" name adds to this song's interest) and Terri Clark's Dirty Girl. For now, we're waitin' out by the road for somebody to pick us up.

1 comment:

joshua said...

Yvette, hey! It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool!

Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together.

I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle. That's not the point. Pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!