Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oh, so close

We are so close to having a couple of walkers on our hands, that I'm hoping we could count our wait in days. Trace can manage three or four steps on his own before hitting his little tush on the floor and Alysse has braved a step or two on her own.

They are oh, so very close, that's now it's just a waiting game to see who will do it first. I can't wait until they walk. Crazy? Yes. Curious? You better believe it.

Now aware of the unexpected realm duo crawlers opened my eyes to, curiosity has gotten the best of me, and I'm wondering what adventures two walkers will bring. A glutton for punishment, perhaps, I just can't help myself.

Toddlers are actually quite dangerous to a mother's heart when they are first taking off. You never know what they will stumble or tumble into. It also makes them that much harder to keep up with, since they can typically escape your grasp quicker toddling than crawling.

On the other hand, walking gives them a whole new perspective of their world. A new means by which to interact with everything around them. A bit of independence in an otherwise, dependent world.

"When do you consider them walking?," I pondered out loud the other day.

"I guess when they can walk across the room," I then answered my own question before anyone else weighed in.

We've taken those first baby steps, now I'm just waiting for that walk across the room.

No comments: